Wednesday, January 13, 2010

50 Best Films of the Past Decade

I may still need to tweak my list in the coming month or so, but I figure I can start in on the sure things. This isn't going to be a one-and-done deal where I simply make a list. I want to provide mini-essays for each film. Given that I have included them in my list, I must have some strong feeling toward each of them and I'll attempt to explain why.

My disclaimer would be that this is not meant to be the definitive listing of the very best with no possibility for revision. I have not seen every film released in the past 10 years and I'm sure there are many good ones that I've missed. I'm always open for suggestions as to possible candidates and I will give them due respect and consideration if they come up. This list is more of a "My Favorites" compilation, but since I have a fair amount of confidence in my taste and opinion as far as film is concerned, I feel confident in labeling them the Best Films of the Decade.

A couple more disclaimers: These film are not necessarily ranked, I'll probably save my favorites for the top ten, but the remaining 40 will be organized however I choose to organize them. It's too hard to compare them all to each other. Also, I'm not going to go into great detail describing every film, just commenting on them. I'll provide a link to a synopsis.

No comments: