Sunday, August 15, 2010

10 Shows I'm Looking Forward to This Fall

5. "Bored to Death" - HBO

This show was a lot of fun and a nice little surprise last fall. It took me an episode or two to get into it, but it only got better as the season moved along. The show is based off the works of acclaimed comedic writer Jonathan Ames. Jason Schwartzman actually stars as a caricature of the author (also named Ames), but in the series he moonlights as a private detective. His cases are often small and insubstantial, which is where much of the hilarity ensues. Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis head a powerhouse supporting cast that really solidify "Bored to Death" as a legit new comedy. The first season was criminally short with only eight episodes; here's hoping the new season extends that a bit. Watch for it September 26th.



6. "Dexter" - Showtime

I've already written a bunch about "Dexter" on this blog, so I won't repeat myself too much. However, season 5 is going to be an emotional roller coaster. The series is prone to certain lulls in action and excitement (not a bad thing), but I have a hard time believing this season will continue that after the way season 4 ended. I'm so excited for this that I switched my HBO subscription to Showtime. Julia Stiles, Johnny Lee Miller and Peter Weller (ROBOCOP) join the cast this time around. "Dexter" premieres September 26th.

No comments: