Thursday, August 19, 2010

"The Amazing Screw-On Head"

I can say this without even the slightest hint of hyperbole - "The Amazing Screw-On Head" is one of the most entertaining things I've seen in years. I know I'm a few years too late, but I just wanted to spread the word about this amazing piece of animation. I guess you could call it a failed pilot for a television series. Based off the Mike Mignola ("Hellboy") one-shot comic, it was produced a few years ago and was part of a Sci-Fi Channel contest to see what would become a new series. The winner was determined by viewer votes and "Screw on Head" fell short. It's pretty weird, so I guess I understand the lack of support, but still it's a disappointment, wondering about what could have been. Below is the pilot split into three parts, featuring the voice talents of Molly Shannon, David Hyde Pierce, Patton Oswalt and Paul Giamatti as the titular character.





No comments: