Saturday, June 26, 2010

Trailer Time

ANIMAL KINGDOM:



I posted a trailer for this film a little while back, but they've released a more in-depth trailer now that reveals a bit more of the film's plot. For me, this has certainly become one of the most anticipated movies of the year. There's a release date scheduled for mid-august, but I doubt that's a wide release. Hopefully, I'll still get a chance to see it.

THE SOCIAL NETWORK:



For some reason, people are having a hard time wrapping their head around this film. "A film based on Facebook? What?!" It's not based on Facebook, it's not like the imminent Battleship and Monopoly adaptations. This isn't a plot that revolves around the mechanisms of the social networking site itself. The film tells the story of its founding and the controversial fallout for creator (and now Billionaire), Mark Zuckerberg. With Sorkin's screenplay and Fincher's directing, you can expect something pretty special out of this. Release date: October 1st.

VALHALLA RISING:



I've posted this before, but I thought I'd do so again as the trailer has now become more accessible. This film also has a summer release date (July 16), but like ANIMAL KINGDOM, there's no telling how many theaters it will actually hit.

SOUTH OF THE BORDER:



This looks like a very interesting documentary by Oliver Stone. South and Central America are really a mystery to us here in the states and lately they have been demonized by our media. Why? This film has a limited release in the coming weeks, I'd be surprised if it ever becomes wide.

DOGTOOTH:



Just thought I'd throw this one on there too. It's getting pretty good reviews currently. Looks pretty weird.

No comments: